Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 24 - 30 Days of Thankfulness

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Day 24:
I am thankful that I am surrounded by an amazing family both immediate and extended.

I would say that my family has always been close but after my dad died even the word 'family' took on new meaning. And we banded together. Not just my brothers and I but my cousins.
And it feels different than it used to.
And it means more to me than I will ever be able to express.

After the meal at my mom's today we took the kids and headed to the park for a game of kickball. The weather was fantastic!
There were tons of kids between all of my cousins. I tried to get pictures of everyone but I know I left a lot out and I didn't hardly any of the adults present.

But four of my favorite were these first four in no particular order!
My Avery

My Lauren

My Torrance...climbing on the bench all afternoon long.

My Contessa...girl...I cant even start.

And this one...can I just say...I love him more than breath itself?
He loves holidays. He loves traditions and he loves family.
Even mine.

My brother Jordan and Contessa are always quite the pair.

My niece Olivia. Stop. Just stop.

My nephew Joshua. I could try to explain the sweetness of his adorable voice but there are simply no words to describe it. Id do anything for him!

Some of the gang...Joshua, Joe, Micah, Olivia, Nick and Nate.
(Micha and Olivia both graduate this year!)

Nick, Jessica, Bethany, Micah, Lauren, Avery

Lauren and Jessica

Julia, Olivia, Avery
(someone please help me with my sunspot issue!)

I am so blessed.
And grateful beyond words.

Psalm 95:6-7a
'O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our maker. For He is our God...'

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pics! As for the sunspots, my dad always has someone shade his lens. It's kind of a hassle, so I usually just take them from a different direction. But you just have someone hold their hand up so the shadow covers your lens. It's that easy, but yet not so easy. :-)

Jennie Peakin said...

Buy a lens hood...they're cheap. They work great for lens flare. :)