Sunday, June 22, 2014

24 hours away

Jordan and I started a fun tradition of taking the kids away for a night with us on their 10th birthdays. 
After Lauren's turn 2 years ago the other kids have talked about when their turns would come a lot. 
Jordan and I have loved listening to how much they look forward to it. 
And truth be told, Jordan and I look forward to it as much, if not more than they do. 

Avery had very specific plans for us. 
She and I shopped and then met Jordan after work. 
She wanted to eat at the Olive Garden in Des Moines. 
She was stuffed! 
(funny story..this was the first Olive Garden in Iowa 23 years ago...and I had requested coming here with my parents on my own birthday...we arrived and the wait was 3 hours...needless to say we didn't wait. It was kind of fun to take Avery and share the story with her.)

After supper we hit the pool at our hotel, ate all of Avery's candy, played board games and watched a movie...and then all smooshed into a king size bed when it was time for sleep. 
Pretty much a perfect night. 

The next day Avery and I were lazy and hit the pool again and then headed to the Fish Bowl to bowl and eat when Jordan was able to meet us. 

She wanted some pictures while we waited. 

The Fish Bowl is totally fun! 


And she's TEN!!!!! 

1 comment:

jenn said...

How fun is that?! We might be copying this idea in a few years! :) And I love that bowling place! PS. You are gorgeous!