Sunday, June 29, 2014

Memorobilia

One of my favorite parts of going to my brothers' homes is seeing how they are displaying and using the items that they have from our mom and dad's home. 
Its like a step back in time. 
It makes my heart hurt, I wont lie. 
But it also makes me feel so close to my family and so blessed. 

Joe and Amy have countless pieces around but I just took a few pictures. 
These were personalized license plates that my dad had years and years ago. 
Joe has them hanging in his garage. 

This was the plaque that my grandpa received for 20 years of service with Standard Oil. 
He owned his own gas station. 

And this. 
This was my mom's grandfather's clock. 
Her dad made it. 
It sat in her dining room for my entire life. 
I was so used to it that I didnt even hear the chimes as they rang every 15 minutes. 
But this trip I heard them every time. 

Missing them so much and feeling so sad that they are not here to share in 
things like new babies entering our family.

No comments: