Monday, April 27, 2009

If the shoe fits...

Last week Lauren said to me out of the blue, "Mommy, sometime I'd like to have a pair of sneakers. Maybe next year for my school shoes."
I said, "Well that sounds reasonable but first you are going to have to tell me what 'sneakers' are...because I thought you wore 'sneakers' every day."
She explained to her totally un-hip mother what sneakers are...come to find out, 'sneakers' are Converse tennis shoes! 

So you can imagine how happy I was when I found a bargain at an outlet mall near Chicago this weekend. And I was even more excited when we discovered they actually fit. 


As I've mentioned before this girl asks for nothing. There are constant requests coming from her little sister and brother but rarely anything from her. (the other two need to learn that if they'd just stop asking they might actually get something!) She was SO excited to see these shoes.  And look at this face...try and tell me that smile isn't worth it...

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I'm so glad they fit!!!