Thursday, April 02, 2009

Thursday

Its Thursday! 
Thankful Thursday. 

After working up a good sweat mopping last night I finally relented and admitted to myself that much of my 'mood' was likely coming from some things God has been working on in my heart. About my patience, my time with him, my faithfulness in walking the way I talk, my lack of growth in Him over the past months, a cooling of my passion in Him...

I sat down to do my devotions and the old hymn, Softly and Tenderly kept running through my mind. Its been a long time since I've sung that hymn, but it is a beautiful one, "Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling, Calling for you and for me; See, on your portals He's waiting
and watching, Watching for you and for me, Come home, come home, Ye who are weary 
come home; Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling, Calling O sinner come home."

When something is missing in my life I should know what, I should know where to turn. 
Yet, each time it seems to have to get to a boiling point and then I realize, 
He's been there calling all this time.

Today this is my desire, this is where I will find my 
answers:
Proverbs 2:1-5
My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, 
turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding,
and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding,
and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure,
then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God 

No comments: