Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Mood

I'm in a mood. When Jordan came home tonight I told him I was cranky. I don't know why. I don't know when it started (longer ago than I'd care to admit) and I don't know when it will end.
 
My way of dealing with this mood has been to take it out on my house by spring cleaning. So far the kitchen and Lauren and Avery's bedroom are done. 

Tonight I started on Sullivan's room and got a lot done while the girls were at Awana and Jordan was gone to basketball. Tomorrow both bathrooms are getting attacked with my spring cleaning madness. It feels good, really it does, but I'd like it to just somehow get magically done by itself. 

I'm finishing up a few trailer decorating/organization items in the big girls' bedroom that I've put off since their room was completed and Contessa was born. The only thing left now is for the letters of their initials to arrive from Etsy. And I'm turning Sully's room into a big boy car themed room. I'm waiting for a couple things from Etsy (dont you just LOVE Etsy?) and also his curtains and book shelf to arrive in the next week or so and then I'll post some pictures. He LOVES it. He wants a car painted on the wall though...not sure if we'll get that to happen or not!  

I think that is part of what's wrong with me actually. Tonight I took down all of the 'nursery' decor from his room. All the kids but Tess had a moon, stars and sheep themed nursery. I loved it. I have always loved it. Melanie painted an adorable sheep scene on the dresser and Jordan's mom painted stars and moons on the crib. Tonight it came down and isn't being used for the first time in 7.5 years and I'm a little bit more sure everyday that it will never be used again. Not liking that much. At all...

I'm also very busy at work and working on some big projects that just leave me stressed at the end of the day. And I want spring to come and STAY. Today was cold again and super windy. I hear the highs this weekend are only to be in the 30's. What? and snow. What? 

Anyway, that was random and really not as therapeutic as I'd liked. I think I'll sign off, and likely go sweep and mop the floors since the kids are all in bed now and Jordan is gone to bible study. 

Tomorrow will be better and hopefully some of this crankiness will have gone away. 

1 comment:

Andrea Dellit said...

best of luck on your cleaning madness and irradicating your mood :) We all have THOSE days!
((hugs))