Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Light

Jordan and Lauren were talking about things that give us light today. They watched School House Rocks - "Electricity" which got them started on the topic.
They decided to draw pictures of things that give us light. They were drawing fire, light bulbs, flashlights, the sun, stars, all sorts of things. Jordan asked Lauren to tell him about one item on her page. Lauren said, "Well that's Jesus, because the light comes down from Him."

Wow! Sometimes she just amazes me and causes my jaw to drop. I love her so much and I am so happy that she is learning to love Jesus.

3 comments:

Jennie Peakin said...

Wow, Becky, that is awesome! You two have obviously done a great job of directing her in the right path! I have experienced Brigg referring to Jesus in ways that have amazed me as well. It's amazing to see that from such a young child! I only hope that I will experience those occurances with my own children someday too!

Beckysblog said...

Jennie, you are so sweet.
Before you know it you will be singing Jesus Loves Me to your baby and finding amazement in everything he or she does.

Hey, do you remember my brother Joe? I think you guys went to school together before you all moved to Muscatine.

Jennie Peakin said...

Um, gosh, I am not sure. The name kind of sounds familiar. We moved when I was in 3rd grade, so it's hard to remember people sometimes.