Saturday, June 22, 2013

Happy 9th Birthday Avery Elizabeth!

Well I'm pretty sure this cannot be happening!
You are NINE?!

Oh my Avery. 
I wish there were words for me to describe how my heart feels for you. 
I wish there was time in my day to show you how special and wonderful you are. 
I wish I had the eloquence to tell the world how my life is blessed simply by glancing at your smile. 


Avery in every storm of my life you have been able to bring me some sunshine. 
You are our sweet sweet spirit. 

But girl, I will tell you, we did not think that would be the case. 
You were one crazy infant, baby and toddler. 
You scooted yourself across the room at 3 months old. 
You potty trained yourself just after 2. 
You had bumps, stitches, a broken bone and constant skinned knees. 
We were always telling you to SLOW DOWN!

And somewhere along the road while we were not looking, you did just that. 
You are now my girl who pauses to notice the sunset, the flowers and the bugs at your feet. 
Strangers stop and smile at you...its just your way...its a gift you have to make people happy.
And you've had it since the day you were born. 
You were born to make people smile. 
I could not love that more about you. 

You are the first to notice if someone is sad. 
You are the first to sense when something is wrong. 
You feel so deep, hurt easily and worry way too much. 
You are by far our most sensitive. 
I am so sorry my girl, you are just like your mom. 

(SUCH a good big sister!!!)

Avery there is nothing in this world like an Avery giggle. 
You fill our home with beauty and fun. 
You love to play games and create adventure. 
If you had it your way we would constantly be on the go, but there would be plenty of time for snuggling. 

You crave one on one time a lot. 
And I wish I could give it to you more. 
Being stuck in the middle of this family is hard. 
(Boogie boarding with Dad! Two peas in a pod!)

From the first moment I saw your squiggly little body I was so proud to be your mom. 
You are growing into such a wonderful young lady. 
(Heading out into the waves...no fear)

I pray for you on your 9th birthday that you never lose your sense of adventure or your ability to know when someone needs a hug or a smile. I pray that you will learn to rely on Jesus when your worries get too big. I pray that your self confidence will grow and you will never be afraid to show the real Avery. Because trust me, she is something amazing.
I am in wonder about how people can go through life without having you in it.
That is a world I do not want to know.
Thank you for being part of our world. 

We still cannot believe you are 9! 
Lets make a deal ok, no double digits...lets just stay 9. 

(waves conquered!)


We love you Avery. 
You are A VERY good girl.
And we could not imagine our lives without you shining in it. 

Love, 
Mommy and Daddy 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is such a Becky mini-me it's not even funny. In a few years she will look exactly like the young girl I met in 7th grade. :)