Sunday, April 05, 2015

Two Years

Two years recently passed since we said good-bye to mom. 
It doesn't get easier. 

But God continues to show us so much grace and mercy through every step. 
I am so grateful for my brothers. For our ability to lean on each other and hold each other up.
Praise the Lord my parents had a crazy dream of a huge family. 
Praise the Lord! 

I am so grateful for my husband. He misses them as much as I do. He never tires of talking about them with me and making sure our kids know them. He's my greatest blessing. He heals my heart. 

He repeatedly uses our friends to show me that He's there and He cares. 
This year I received flowers, texts and s'mores. 
Doesn't get much better. 
In the friendship game...I won. 
Hands down. 

I decorated the gravestone for the first time with the help of a great friend. 
I can tell you this...I am not old enough to be decorating my parents gravestone. 
But thankfully I am old enough to realize how truly blessed I am to have had parents who are so missable. 
Every single day. 

And to know that Because He Lives...I will see them, touch them again. 

No comments: