Wednesday, May 22, 2013

my lucky # is 6.

As a young girl I wasted many hours begging and pleading for a sister. I am ashamed to admit I recall crying myself to sleep on occasion because of this 'unanswered prayer'. 

In fact, when my youngest brother was born and I found out he was a boy...I locked myself in the bathroom and would not come out. 
I vividly remember my anger and despair! :)

As an adult I am so thankful that I was blessed with of the most amazing and strong and supportive brothers. Boys. 6 boys. No one has ever prayed for that one! :)

I needed brothers. I didnt know that.
I would have been bad at a sister relationship.
I know that now

I am who I am today because of each one of my brothers.

6 of my most favorite people in the entire world. 
I love how our family dynamic works. Even when its dysfunctional. 
I love having brothers. 

And today, I am honestly happy that I get to be the only sister to those 6. 

I could not have made it through this week without them. 

Tonight I am just so very thankful for family. 

I am one blessed girl...we have lost much...but have so much to hold on to. 

My parents would be so proud of us this week. 
I wish I could see the approval and happiness in their faces. 

So 6 is my lucky #.

That makes me smile. 

(Side note...the fact that they have given me amazing sister-in-laws doesn't hurt one bit!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you have six lucky brothers!;)