Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Happy 5th Birthday Contessa Caroline!!!

I really love the age 5. 
And I really think its sad!
Contessa you are no longer a baby!
You are a big girl. 
(birthday morning...ready to let everyone know this day was all about her! She requested wearing a tutu for the day)

At 5 you love Barbies, hanging out with your big sisters, your daddy, grandma, make up, fancy clothes, princesses, dancing, cousin Adele, friends Emmy, Caturella and Jocelyn. 
You detest bedtime, being told what to do and when it someone else's turn to do ANYTHING. 
(March 2013, with her best pal, cousin Adele - their teenage years will kill me.)


(playing in the sand - April 2013, New Smyrna Beach, FL)


Yes, you are our dark eyed, stubborn, defiant princess. 
You are our only child who will look me straight in the eye and say no...with zero hope of backing down. 
You are adorable and you know it. 
Your eyes could charm the hardest of hearts and you know it. 
You give me the biggest headaches and make me pull my hair straight out of my head. 
I truly believe all 4 of your siblings are deathly afraid of you!
Wow, girl...can you say temper?!
(A little snuggle time with her biggest enemy and biggest confidant - Fall 2012)

You are your daddy are two peas in a pod. 
You know that he cannot resist you and you know just how to play that up!
The two of you together give me grays daily...but I love watching you. 
You are daddy's girl. 

(hiking in Decorah - Fall 2012)

(Disney World - April 2013)

Oh, Tess you are a sweetie. 
You are the first to shout out, 'I love you!'
You love to snuggle and touch. 
You'll curl up and read with me. 
You'll color pictures for hours. 
You are so excited for preschool this year. 
Spending your time creating masterpieces for loved ones is one of your favorite hobbies. 
You make strangers stop and smile. 
I love that. 

Contessa when you were born I ate up your baby days. 
You were so sweet and special, even if you did not nap until you were at least 6 months old. 
You were so naughty and sweet as a toddler. 
Sugar and Spice...yes that is YOU!

(Disney 2013 - outside the 'Tangled world')

You keep our family laughing and guessing. 
I am not sure what we would do without you. 
I am so thankful that you came to live at our house. 
I am so blessed to know you. 

(Birthday morning breakfast at the hotel - 2013)

I know that your stubbornness will bring great things someday. 
I know Jesus has a very special plan for you...one that only you could accomplish. 

Thank you for being our strong, snuggly, 5 year old princess!
We would not change one single thing about you!
(always our princess - new fancy jammies and a crown on her special day!)

All the love we can give, 
Mommy and Daddy 

2 comments:

Abby said...

I agree, 5 is an awesome age! She's a cutie...you and Jordan are in so much trouble when the teen years hit all your girls!

Anonymous said...

My favorite thing about Tess is her giggle. I loved hearing it this week at VBS.