Monday, December 01, 2014

Christmas Season

We started our Advent devotions tonight. 
I've been so excited about these two books that I'm using. 

I want our focus this year to be on the JOY of the season. 
Last year was really just about getting by for me. 
It was hard. 

This year I am acutely aware that we only get a few Christmases
with our kids as little ones. A few where they are in wide eyed wonder about everything!
A few where they want us close and beg us to be there with them for every moment. 

I want to make the most of each second of this Christmas Season. 
I want to help my kids to see that Jesus came into this world, not only to save them...but to give them a life more abundant, a life of JOY! 
A life where they can choose each day to choose JOY or despair.
They can choose JOY rather than a life that just gets by. 
A life where they can choose to spread His JOY or hide it. 

JOY is the message of Christmas
Luke 2:10
'...do not be afraid, I bring you good news that will cause great JOY for all the people.'
Jesus is JOY. 



As part of that JOY spreading...we also started our 24 gifts tonight. 
Tonight's gift was something brand new...one of the few that is. 

A Christmas train for under our tree. 
Couldn't be more fun. 
(minus the real smoke that smells of an electrical fire)

I think they liked it. 

No comments: