Sunday, February 15, 2015

skiing

Jordan and I both enjoyed snow skiing in our 'younger days'. 
Jordan still enjoys it...I however have developed a healthy dose of fear and appreciation for two working legs. 
However, it is something I want my kids to enjoy so I shoved my fear aside and agreed when Jordan wanted to take the 3 older kids on a ski trip. 

We went last week and it timed out perfectly to be a fun get away for Sullivan's birthday at the same time. 
We left the little girls in the capable hands of grandma and headed to Galena for 2 days. 

On the first day they got a lesson...a little intimidating to figure this all out. 

All three of them caught on faster than we would have imagined. 
Avery, who lacks any sense of fear, was instantly zooming away from us. 
But Lauren and Sullivan were soon to follow. 

This picture may go down as one of my favorites of all time. 
Sullivan had fallen. 
Lauren went to help him. 
Somehow they both got completely tangled and I stood at the top taking a picture. 
Great mom. 

That night we enjoyed showing the kids Galena and supper together. 
It was nice to have time with the older three. 
Big kids are FUN! 

The next morning Jordan and I strapped on skis as well. 
This 'conveyor belt' was to get back up the bunny slope. 
I bit it getting on...embarrassing...like they had to shut it off so I could get up. 
Pretty sure my kids were pretending not to know me. 

We had a gorgeous 2 days. 
The second day was windy but over all we were warm and smiling! 


 During a break we took sometime to play cards in the lodge. 
Avery was disgusted with us for some reason...this is a typical 'Avery look'. 

Also, a typical 'Sully look'. 
On his bday no less! 

And a typical 'Im a teenager look'. 

Jordan and I even watched them from inside the lodge for awhile...aw, life with big kids!  

I am excited for more family ski trips! 

No comments: