Friday, January 16, 2009

I'm a failure...

I have a few talents. Nothing to be too proud of...but somethings that I feel confident in accomplishing better than some.

Sewing and needleworks is NOT one of them.

When I was younger my great-grandma tried to teach me to crochet. After one day she said, 'Honey, maybe we should bake something instead.'

Today Jordan asked me to sew a button back on his coat. 'Sure!' I said. (I was kind of happy he thought I could do it.)

I tried. I do not have the right needles, thread or ability. (Its a heavy wool dress coat.)

I'm going to have to ask someone else to do it. Sad. Really, really sad.

4 comments:

Chris/Stew; Brenda said...

I still have my mom sew buttons on for me as well! Just something that has not carried over into our generation I think.

Anonymous said...

Becky, I am right there with you! I have one coat that has a loose button, and one that the button came off completely 2 days ago. Ugh. I need help. -Kylie

Beckysblog said...

(This comment is from Jordan Dirks) There wasn't any part of me that thought Becky could fix my coat. I've never seen her do anything like that in my life, but when I said I needed to get someone to sew a button on my coat and she was interested in giving it a shot I felt bad not letting her try. She was a little too excited to do it - so I let her try. After nine reminders and her knowing I was wearing my other coat that is half as warm in this frigid weather, she finally gave it a shot. No surprise to me - I now have to take it to someone else...I love you Becky, and you never have to crochet me anything. It would be nice if you picked up the skills of putting a button back on. I'm sure there's someone out there that can teach you! (This is supposed to be funny - not mean).

Anonymous said...

did none of you, boys or girls, have to take basic homec? Or were we, your mothers just assume this was something EVERYONE could figure out////Sorry girls, we shoulc have trained you all better!!
mom