Thursday, March 08, 2007

Spring is Breaking!!!

Last night Lauren and I were at Awana. I am the game director for the Sparks and Lauren is in Cubbies. But we start the night as one big group to do the pledges and have announcements. Our Commander reminded everyone that next week we will not be meeting because of Spring Break.

Fast-forward to today:
Lauren and I are walking through Wal-mart. She says "mommy, what did the Awana man say last night about spring breaking?" (how cute is that)
I explained that next week is spring break and there is no school because lots of families go on vacation and we wouldnt be having Awana either and that she wouldnt have preschool.
She said "oh" and we continued on.
A few minutes later she tells Avery, "Avery guess what, next week we dont have to wear our coats outside any more because Spring is BREAKING!"
I broke the poor little things heart when I told her that just because it is called Spring Break, it does not mean Spring is here.

I love her so much!

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm trying to post on Becky's blog. Will it work today? Or do I have to kick my computer?

Melanie said...

Look! I worked! It's a miracle!!!

Melanie said...

I, of course, meant IT worked! Cause I definitely do not work.

Cassie said...

spring has definitely broke!