Sunday, May 27, 2007

Dance, Dance, Dance

Lauren had a big weekend of dance. Rehersal on Friday and then hair, make-up and recital on Saturday night. The recital started at 6:30 and was very very long. We had quite the crew there cheering her on. Uncle Robert came along and Im sure he wanted to leave the moment he walked in the door. But I also think he cheered the loudest. Both grandmas and mommy had their fair share of tears.
Unfortunetly the recital was in a gym and all the pictures of her on stage are so dark you can basically just see her eyes...

Now, I now I am biased, but I am not the only one who felt she stole the show. Three people told me that! Lauren was by far the youngest to have a solo - and she had 2!!! and then danced in one group number that was a total chaotic riot!
Lauren never ceases to amaze us. What we most proud of was how much fun she had while dancing. She smiled and giggled, sang along to her music and loved every second. A natural performer. But then she stopped me in my tracks when before her last number she asked me if we could pray to Jesus to help her dance well. I love this little girl.
We had such a great night and I think I am hooked on dance. We plan to have Avery take lessons next year too.










Scary kitty!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok...her hair is beautiful, but that kitty is a RIOT!

Jennie Peakin said...

Seriously, great job on her hair! You don't need me!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, I didnt do it!!! :)
I desperatley need you Jennie!

Melanie said...

Wow, she looks so good!! I guess she has her hairstyle ready for prom in a few years;)!