Sunday, May 06, 2007

Satan isn't winning this one...

I’ve had many of the words and scripture from my weekly bible study on my heart this week. We are studying Daniel and end time events right now. It is a phenomenal study.

This week’s study talked for a while about how we might start out with good intentions or be lured into something that we know isn’t right. But we say, oh, I’ll just see what it is like, or I’ll just dip my foot in.” But then before we know it we are in over our heads and find ourselves saying, “I never meant for it to go this far!” We didn’t mean for it to go that far, but Satan sure did. He wanted it to go further. That is Satan’s power over us. He can deceive us so easily. That humbled me.

But then Beth Moore (our study leader) also reminds us…there are times when Satan is at us, he is trying so very hard to take us where he wants. But it isn’t working, he’s used all his ways and we stay strong, faithful in Christ. And then it is his turn to sit and say, “I never meant for her to get that far!” He doesn’t want us to succeed. He doesn’t want us to great things for Christ. And when we do, then he is frustrated and humiliated. I love that.

Isaiah 42:6a says, “I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee…
(He holds my hand! How cool is that!)

Daniel 11:32b says, “but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.”

I have no doubts that Satan has spent a GREAT deal of time in frustration since June 2nd over my mom. I think when my dad died Satan probably thought, “We’ll I’ve got her now.”
But I know that he is saying about my mom, “I never meant for her to get that far! I never meant for her to do this well!”
I am not crediting my mom for this. I credit her Savior and the fact that He is my mom’s focus. When she is wrapped in her ‘moments of midnight madness’ (C.S. Lewis – A Grief Observed) she turns to her Lord and Savior – just as she has always done. She is showing Christ through her grief.

Satan isn’t winning this one. Praise God!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your mom is an inspiration!

Joe Earle said...

Thanks Bec! Keep sharing what the Lord is teaching you.