Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memories

After biking all afternoon we made a last minute decision to head over to the lake tonight for some more biking, as if my legs hadn't had enough...
As we were heading down the spillway and over a bridge I could hear Lauren giggling behind me. At the bottom she said "Mommy that was so fun and that is the biggest waterfall I have EVER seen!!"
I realized that this might be a night that she will not forget. A childhood memory imprinted in her mind. It made me so happy and took me back to the hundreds of summer nights that my family spent at local parks and forests.

I can remember rattle snake hunts, hikes, mushroom & aspragus hunting, hide & seek, camping, smores, cuts and scraps and countless hotdogs. I told Jordan that my most happy and vivid childhood memories were at parks and campsites with my family.
It made me happy but it made me miss my dad so much. Miss his smile and his laughter - which no matter where my brothers and I were in the park - we could loudly hear! He really had a one in a million, contagious laugh. I miss him. I miss him so much my heart is hurting tonight, but the memories are still good and they make me smile. I love you dad and thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm crying...

Andrea Dellit said...

The waterfall thing is so cute! I'm so glad you have wonderful memories of your dad.