Monday, March 26, 2012

synopsis

Alright, I am finally ready to start documenting our trip.

I know how you've all been on just pins and needles. Actually some of you apparently have been so I guess I'll just get to it.

For my own documenting I have to lay out the trip...

We left Thursday after school and made it to St. Louis about 9. We surprised the kids and met my brother and his family for a late supper and to watch the ISU game. Then we stayed at their house. Im pretty sure the kids would have stayed there the whole trip.

Friday we started out early with the intention of making it to Macon, Georgia. We stopped in Metropolis Il to see their sites (ha) and Nashville, TN for a late BBQ lunch at Jack's downtown. Very long story short...we went whizzing by Macon about 10 pm and ended up in an Orlando, FL rest stop at 8 am. More on that thrilling story to come.

After Saturday night in Orlando we headed back to the coast to our condo in New Smyrna Beach. We ended up in a different condo this trip and it was like it was perfectly made for us. The kids bedroom had 2 sets of bunk beds...perfect! We overlooked the beach and one of the pools again...perfect.

On Tuesday we went to Disney and met up with the Venengas - so fun!

Then we spent the rest of our time at the condo in New Smyrna. We headed for home the following Sunday and stayed just outside of Nashville on the home and made it to St. Louis by 3 pm on Monday...again we surprised the kids and went to the zoo and met my niece there. We didnt get home until midnight that night and the kids had school and Jordan had work the next day! This could account for the 'vacation hangover' we've all been experiencing since we pulled in the driveway.

It really was the perfect trip. 12 days is a long time to be gone with 5 young kids. But I will say that Jordan and I complained more than they did. Tess and Avery each had a bit of car sickness but the meds really helped that...only one incident of vomit! Everyone slept amazingly well in the condo and the van. Tori chose to wait until the drive home to spike a fever but motrin did the trick there and she was happy.

I love the memories that we made and that the kids still talk about Disney and the beach daily. I love that they call the beach 'our beach'. I love that they are all missing having Jordan around after almost 2 weeks of constant daddy time. We are so so blessed!

No comments: