Saturday, March 03, 2012

FUN! and not so much


Jordan had meetings in Rochester, MN this Thursday - Saturday and so we decided to 
surprise the kids and take them along for some hotel run. 
We didn't even tell them until after school on Thursday.

Its super fun to tell your kids at 3:30 that you are leaving for 2 nights in a hotel in 1 hour!

I was a little worried about me and 5 kids staying sane the whole time Jordan was gone. 
But they were really good and had a blast at the pool.
Everyone slept well in the hotel except for about an hour last night. 
I called that a success. 

I took along tons of snacks and fun food for them. 
Lunch on Friday was basically junk food by the pool. 
These were Tori approved! 
(This is the only picture I took all weekend! I was a little busy.)

Everything was going so well. 
I should have known!

I planned for another 1.5 hours at the pool this morning before 
we packed up, picked up Jordan and head home. 

I planned so well. 
And the morning was going so well...
I gave the kids the 'we're leaving the pool in 20 minutes' warning. 

Then I heard Tori start screaming. 
I looked down and could see nothing wrong. 
Then I saw it, all around her.

Poop. 
Massive, insane amounts of WATER POOP. 
streaming from her suit. 

And suddenly the place went crazy. 
Mom's were screaming at kids to get out of the pool. 
(imagine the scene from Caddyshack if it helps you.)
I grabbed Tori and in a matter of seconds were both COVERED in poop. 

My older kids had all seemed to scatter seconds before this happened. 
So I ran around yelling at them that the deal was off we were leaving, NOW. 
Tori was still screaming in pain from the awful poop eating her skin. 
(this is what her poop does). 

I grabbed the diaper bag, gave the other bags to Lauren and Avery, literally ripped Sullivan off the ladder for the water slide and told Lauren to get Tess. 
Someone dropped something I went to get it and my phone flew out of the bag and the screen SMASHED to the ground. 
Completely shattered.

Im pretty sure this was the point where my kids became scared that my head was literally going to start spinning off my head.

Keep in mind...mom's all over the pool are still screaming at their kids...the pool is filled with awful poop...I have poop running down my legs and covering my stomach from carrying Tori who is still screaming bloody murder and wriggling and squirming and trying to claw her diaper and suit off. 

And did I happen to mention I am in a swimming suit???? 

We get to our room. 
I rush Tori to the bathroom and put her in the tub. 
When Tori and I came out 10 minutes later all four of the older kids were changed into dry clothes and were sitting very quietly on one of the beds watching Disney. 
(I LOVE THEM).

That was about when I started laughing and crying at the same time. 
They KNEW how to help me in 'my moment of need'.

(side note...we decided to try regular milk on Tori this morning...experiment FAIL! She cannot handle it. We will be sticking to Soy. Because this poop was like nothing I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure she lost 4 pounds and her poor little diaper rash is the color of a Coke can.)

So yes, very fun weekend. 
But man alive that 30 minutes this morning was almost not worth it!
And yes, I am still excited for a week in Florida!
(I think)

5 comments:

mama barb said...

Stay brave my child...is funny tho, especially since did not happen to me!!!

mama barb

yoderyears said...

Wow! Totally wish I could have been there to see 'the vein'! :)

Unknown said...

I am so glad that I'm not the only one who has experiences like these. Oh the cherished memories! You did better than I would have. I probably would have cried by the pool while screaming at my children!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing somewhere someone has taped this and we will be seeing it on youtube.

You did well Becky! I'd still be in a fetal position somewhere...likely a room with padded walls.

Guild Fam said...

These are the things that when your kids are having a 70th birthday party thrown for them and remembering funny things... this one will still stand out.

However, I think my head would have blown off at the chaos. Thank you for letting us in on your lives.