Tuesday, November 06, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 6 part a

I am thankful to live in a country where it is my right and privilige to vote. 

I can teach my children to be informed and then vote their values.

I feel American when I step into that voting booth. 

I walk out of the voting site with a sense of pride and thankfulness. 
(side note...could they just once all look AT THE CAMERA and SMILE!? and no, Tori does not and has never used a binkie...she does find them to be fun toys as a 2 year old though...weird)

I will not forget those who fought not only to make my country free...but today I am very thankful to the men and women who fought to give me the right to VOTE!

Today the kids made 'Election Maps'...in honor of Grandpa.

My dad would sit with his map on election night and color in and write in results as they came in...it was so important to him...I love that memory...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yup, i do it too in memory of him.