Wednesday, December 18, 2013

an escape

My mood has been low the past couple of days. 

I needed some happy. 

So yesterday we called off school and the kids and I escaped into a movie and shopping for the day.
(homeschooling we love you)

We've all been wanting to see FROZEN.
And it wont make it to our small town before Christmas. 

So we went to 'the big city'. 
The 'big' theater itself was enough to satisfy the kids...they were amazed by the big comfy seats and stadium set up. Very amusing for mom. 

The movie did not disappoint either.
Contessa was in AWE. 
I loved watching her face as the magical moments in the movie came up. 
I have never seen her face look so precious and awestruck as I did when Elsa turns into the Snow Queen. It made for a magical moment for me too. 

And Torrance. 
Oh my, she is an Earle. 
She doesn't just get into a movie. 
She BECOMES the movie. 
She sat on my lap for much of the movie...mouth gaping and starring at the screen. 
When the intense moments came she was pawing at my face, 
'Mommy! Why did she die? Why mommy?! Mommy, why was he mean? why mommy? why? why is he chasing them? why is she sad? why is her crying?'
She was crying at one point...just so sad about what was happening. 

And then, like all good Disney movies do, it ended quite happily. 
And Tori was quite relieved. 
She stood up and said, 'That was my favorite!'
Then she came home and was quoting the movie and singing the songs. 
Yep, she's an Earle. 

Im thankful for little escapes from reality.

4 comments:

Rosanna and Isaiah said...

Sounds like a perfect day! Isn't homeschooling amazing? :)

Courtney Cassada said...

love you, friend. and that makes me want to go see that movie!

Courtney Cassada said...

love you, friend. and that makes me want to go see that movie!

Unknown said...

I SAW IT 3 TIMES IN 1 WEEK and HAVE THE SOUNDTRACK!!! I'm in LOOOVVE!