Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Seeking Him

I am happy to report that finding Christ in Christmas is fairly simple.
Im sad and embarrassed to report that I've spent way too many Christmases not even trying.

We discussed this verse in my bible study on Monday night:
"...acknowledge the God of your father, and serve Him with wholehearted devotion and a willing mind, for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought. If you seek Him, He will be found by you...'
1 Chronicles 28:9

That promise is so comforting.
If you seek Him - you find Him.
He's there...just waiting for us to call out for Him.

I want to be like the these guys, they knew how to search for a king no matter the journey...
"Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, 'Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw His star in the east and have come to worship Him.'
Matthew 2:1

And how wonderful is this...
"When we open our eyes wide enough to see God's mercies in the midst of our pain, and when we exercise faith and give Him thanks, even when we cant see those mercies, He meets us with His indescribable peace. It's a promise."
-Nancy Leigh DeMoss

'God can do awesome things with our pain. I can see that finally.'
-Becky Dirks

We've been diving in pretty heavy with our Advent devotions and that is going beautifully.
(well except for last night when I almost locked Torrance outside of the house during our time...but she redeemed herself this morning but reading countless christmas stories with me and Contessa and sitting quietly...see previous post)

These are the memories of Christmas that I want to last for my kids...fun things, focused on the reason for the season. I pray that some of this is sticking. 

(proudly showing off their angels and jingle bell bracelets)

No comments: