Friday, April 11, 2014

A little escape

Last week I was feeling the need for an escape. I talked Jordan into a couple of nights in Des Moines for the kids and me.
It was a very fun get away and chance to focus on fun.
I was so pleased that everyone got along really well and we just laughed and enjoyed each other.
There are times one all 7 of us smashed into one hotel room would be a recipe for disaster, but this trip it was a recipe for fun.

The kids and I had big plans on how we would fill our days while Jordan was at work. But the weather did not cooperate so we improvised.

First stop, Bass Pro and the Fish Bowl for bowling and lunch. Seriously one of the most fun lunches I've ever had. 

We had to document the smiles.
My biggest and my littlest. 

My middles. 

And my boy. 

The fun lunch needed to be followed by dessert, Yoder style. Tori tried one of everything. 

We met up with Jordan that night for some Red Robin. Tess was too cute in her play glasses. 

After two nights of swimming and belated bed times the kids were slow to wake on Friday morning. Tori was a sweet sister giving Tess a back rub to help her get going. 

I know we will all remember this little mini-vacay for a long time. 

No comments: