Sunday, April 13, 2014

'If only I had a DeLorean.'

Tonight as I was finishing up preparing supper I called out, 
'Supper's ready!'

As soon as I did I was transported back 25 years and I was in my parents house and 
my mom had been the one yelling out the call to gather for supper. 

And then came my dad's standard response, 
'Why does that always sound like a threat?'

I hadn't thought of that joke in ages. 
And remembering it suddenly like that gave me chills and made me so happy at the same time. 

My parents were the best. 

He was a jokester. And one of his favorite topics to joke about was my mom's 
cooking. He was so so funny. Seriously, that is funny stuff. 
Even more so now that all these years have past. And my mom, wow was she a 
good sport or what? She never got angry or hurt. Just rolled her eyes and smiled. 

Later on Jordan was watching part of an old Spencer Tracey and 
Mickey Rooney movie, a black & white. And Sullivan wondered how anything 
in black & white could ever have been funny. 
I decided he NEEDED to see a funny black & white movie. 
So I found a Laurel & Hardy on youtube and made him watch. 
He didn't totally get it but he did have some laugh out loud moments. 
My dad would have been so proud. 

After sharing some of this with my brother Jordan his comment was, 
'If only I had a DeLorean.'

And all I can say about that is, 
'Amen'.

No comments: