Thursday, September 25, 2014

Catch-up

My husband has been asking, begging and guilt tripping me to get back on this blog regularly. 
However, he has not yet resorted to bribery...maybe I should hold out a bit longer? 

Anyway, I am really going to try to blog on a regular basis again. 
I know if I don't that I will be sorry one day. 

So this will be my random get caught up post...with phone pictures from the past month. 

First, Falstaff. 
Honestly, we got a good one here. 
He is the best. 
He just wants to be with us. 
He loves school.  

Jordan is up long before the rest of the house.
And kitty wants his full attention. 
Jordan proves his love to me by not kicking Falstaff across the room. 

See that little paw?
That's Falstaff letting Jordan know that its morning and he deserves attention. 

Falstaff is a cat who wishes he was a dog. 
He fishes nerf bullets out of this box and brings them to us to play fetch. 

Ok, enough about that cat. 
School!
We are about 5-6 weeks in on the year. 
Its going really well. Attitudes are good and we are BUSY!!!
Phew, Im exhausted at the end of our days. 
I have to be 'on' always. 
I hear, 'Mom, can you help with this?' approximately 2472 times per day. 
No exaggeration. 
And somedays I want to say, 'no! I will not help you with that.' 
Somedays I want to be 'normal' and a bit more carefree. 
One day I googled: 'where is the furthest place I can get from where I am?'
(I know, that is terrible)
Turns out the answer was: 'The middle of the Indian Ocean'
So, I stayed. 
Kidding aside, homeschooling is an awesome thing for our family again this year. 
It works for us. It might not always...but for now we love it and we are all in. 

So some pics of school:
Avery and I were doing math flash cards. Torrance was yelling out random answers from behind her. 
It was annoying and totally hysterical. Avery was THRILLED. 

Maps and geography continue to be favorite topics. 

Schooling with Torrance has its share of difficulties. 
But for the most part she plays well on her own and happily paints or colors at the table with us. 

Or destroys the toy room and plays dress up. 

She doesn't watch much tv. 
But she'll drop everything for some 'Doc McStuffins'

It also must be documented that she is a CUBBIE now!!!
So excited to go once she got use to the idea of mom dropping her off!
It only took a little bribery from her teacher. 
Now she's excited every week. 

This girl does not travel light...a simple trip to the dr.'s office required 5 cell phones. 

Fridays is 'Spartan Spirit' day at school. 
They are insanely cute and really just the best of friends. 

I'm not sure I mentioned that Tess is attending all day kindergarten at the school.
It was the best decision for us this year and I am so thankful that Jordan encouraged me to make it. 
She LOVES it and is doing great but oh man is our house weird without her!
I miss her more than I can say. 
She was excited to share her 'A+' math test. 
(Her black eye was given to her from her brother...accidentally, while playing football on the trampoline)

Tess always has her monkey, made by my mom, close to her side. 
On this night she was reading to him...the book that Jordan's mom gave her with the monkey that looks just like hers. So cute and sweet. 

Jordan's long commute doesn't always allow him to be with the kids during the most optimal parts of their day...he makes the most of the time he does get...like sitting in the back to read to his littlest on car rides. 

Jordan's dad had a birthday in August. 
We seldom take pictures that include Papa...but we remembered this time! 

A few weeks back Jordan and I got away to watch some football and spend the day together. 
I love 'day dates'.
Marriage is not always easy. 
But my marriage to this man is always, always worth it. 
He loves me so much better than I deserve to be loved. 
And, seriously, he's good looking. 
Well that gets us caught up a bit. 

Stay tuned for a post on Sullivan's football fever tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Rosanna and Isaiah said...

Love how you captured your kids personalities so well with those snapshots of everyday life! This blog will be a great treasure for them as they get older to look back and remember all the fun (and not-so-fun) moments of life!