Thursday, September 25, 2014

my Lauren

Having older kids is pretty awesome in almost every way.  
Its hard for me to believe that Lauren is in Jr. High and almost 13 years old. 
I remember those days like it was yesterday. 

She is all about volleyball these days. 
She loves every second of it. 
The team dressed up for school the day of their first game. 
She's old, so she borrows my clothes now...my jean jacket this day.

Volleyball is a bit intense for me. 
I am THAT mom who cant sit or remain quiet. 

With age comes increased independence...like an instagram account.
And more time with friends.
She's yet to disappoint us.  

And a phone which she uses exclusively to text me.
(oh wait, that's not true) 
This day she was trying to be clever. 
And I love her for her sense of humor. 

Sometimes my poor girl has a really bad teacher...my comments on her 
writing assignments aren't always the most helpful. 
Luckily she appreciates my humor as well. 

 She loves taking my phone or camera and experimenting. 
I think she's got a good eye. 

So to sum up, Lauren is old. 
And I am actually ok with it. 
Because she's about the coolest, almost 13 year old I can imagine. 

1 comment:

Rosanna and Isaiah said...

So true!!! She is awesome... but she isn't two anymore! Makes me sad and proud of her at the same time :)