Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Thankfulness and Joy!


There are little moments of joy mixed in through all the crazy in every day.

God's word reminds us repeatedly that the relief for sorrow, the key to finding joy, is thankfulness. 
I Thessalonians 5:16
'Rejoice ALWAYS'

Today I want to highlight the sunshine and smiles in thankfulness for the first day of Autumn and understanding that I can choose grumbling or joy each day. 

*The gorgeous bright sun sailing in the windows of my kitchen which is filled with my children. 
*Contessa patting Sully on the shoulder at breakfast and saying, 
'You sure are a big eater, aren't you buddy?'
*Contessa asking to send Daddy a text to show him her 'A+' math test.
* My sleepy, thumb-sucking 3 year old asking to snuggle.
*Cups of hot apple cider that magically make school work easier.
*My comedian husband making me laugh this morning.
*Tori pointing out Zenor's house on the way to the grocery store.
*Sullivan thanking me repeatedly for his new Bears shirt that he is wearing today.
*Out of the blue texts from my husband.
*Listening to Avery and Sullivan excitedly summarize what they read in our new reading unit yesterday.
*Reading Rosanna's blog and seeing all the pictures from their time with our kids this past weekend. This warmed my heart and made me smile like I cannot explain!
*Grilling outside for lunch with my kids on the most gorgeous Tuesday September has ever known.
*Listening to Lauren play/fight with Sullivan and Tori outside through the kitchen windows.

And this was all before lunch!

Each day I choose - keep track of the grumblings or the joys.
Both are there, every single day.
As a mom I set the tone for the whole house.
My choice makes all the difference.

Lord, Help me choose the joy! 

No comments: