Monday, January 18, 2016

More Christmas

Christmas Day we spent with the Yoders.
They had ALL their family staying with them and were still gracious enough to invite us. 
Family isn't always blood. 

Most of my pics from that day were of these two. 
Honestly. 
This was after Scott pulled the kids around the yard with the snowmobile. 
I think they had fun. 

We ate. 
A lot. 

The rest of the weekend was spent cuddling and playing. 

This was Sullivan's big gift from us. 
Yes it lived in my dining room for a number of days. 
Now it lives in the basement. 
Thankfully. 

There has been a lot of this. 

Contessa is learning to sew thanks to a kit from Grandma Cindy. 

One of the benefits of a big family is that you learn to concentrate even in the midst of complete madness. This helped me a lot in college. ;)
Tori is learning early. 

We did a lot of puzzles. 

Tori and her doll Sydney Lee.

I had a big surprise for the kids the week after Christmas. 
My brother Robert, Jen and Harper came to Iowa! 
We met them at Chuckie Cheese on Harper's 2nd birthday!!!

It wasn't any fun. 

Two year olds are my favorite. 

I miss having a little one! 

Robert, Jen, Harper and Jordan stayed with us for the next 5 days. And we had a blast. 
Duh. We played a lot of cards and laughed SO much. 

All the kids had so much fun with Harper. And she loved having all their attention. We decided that Torrance was the perfect babysitter for her. Until we found them down in the basement behind the furnace…one night ridiculously late when they both should have been in bed. Opps. 

New Year's Eve 'Clinkies'!



And New Year's Eve cottage cheese? 

Some story reading. 

We stayed up LATE. 
I believe this was 2:30 am. 
Just the adults. 
And we were singing. 
Cause all of the Earle's have amazing voices. 
Poor Jen and Jordan. 
They were such good sports dealing with us.

My kids love having my brothers around almost as much as I do. 

On Saturday Joe and Nick and their families came for our Christmas. 
This is the only picture I took! 
Good thing it was of cutie Adele! 

No comments: