Tuesday, January 26, 2016

WinterJam

On Friday I took Lauren and Avery and friends to the WinterJam concert in Des Moines. 
I'll admit I was a bit nervous about navigating it all. 
Mostly the part where we had to stand in line for 2 hours because there are no advance tickets. 
And its January. 
In Iowa. 

These two about gave up. 

But finally the doors opened.
And we ended up getting good seats. 
We warmed up and got some food and we were ready to go! 

Ben Carson made an appearance. 

The first few bands were not ones we knew and I'm not sure if Brooklyn and Avery thought this concert was such a good idea after all. 

This was some band I have never heard of before. 
Freaky and how they fall into the category of 'Christian' music is beyond me. 
And we could literally feel the heat from the fire.

But slowly the names we knew started to come on stage…
Matthew West, Crowder and For King & Country. 

Happy.

Cute. 

And did I mention, warm!?

The highlight of the night was definetly For King & Country. 
They were amazing. 
I haven't been to a lot of concerts but I can't imagine a much better show. 
The lighting, sets, audience interaction…all of it was great. 







The concert got over near 11. 
And all 4 girls had volleyball tournaments the next day and we still had 1.5 hours to drive home. 

But it was worth it!

The sweetest girls! 

No comments: