Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sometimes God starts talking to us and its easy brush off.

We might just ignore it because we think, 'God must be wrong. There is simply NO way I can do this. He is asking the wrong person. He doesnt know me as well as I know me.'

Some amount of time may pass and we think, 'PHEW! He gave up. He finally realized He was barking up the wrong tree.'

But, of course, that doesn't happen. He wisely gives us time. Works on our hearts and then starts talking again.

And right now what He is teaching me about the things He is asking is best described by this verse:

Zechariah 4:6
"'Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord Almighty."

Because see we are right...we cannot do it. We are not strong enough. We are not smart enough. We do not have enough energy. But He's just asking us to take the first step. To step out in faith...then He will do the rest...not with our might or our power...but with HIS SPIRIT.

And I also am reminded of this:
Psalm 3:5-6
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."
That's a great promise. And while its not easy, it is simple! Forget what you think you know...and trust what we know He has promised.

3 comments:

D G Curren said...

one of my fav reminders/promises Zech 4:6.....I keep asking myself often, "Do I REALLY trust Him? REALLY????" Thankful He doesn't give up on any of His children.

Jennie Peakin said...

I feel ya...I can really relate to this post at this season of my life! Praying for you all. :)

Ellie said...

Yep yep!!