Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Time with Robert

I love it when my brothers, both near and far, come for visits...
but I'm not a real big fan of them leaving. 

We've had Robert in town for almost two weeks. 
We packed in a lot of fun. 
He watched my kids a lot, changed some diapers. 
I'm not sure I can express how lucky my kids are to have all these fun uncles. 
Robert plays with them...like real play. 
He's one of the kids. 
And they LOVE him. 
Love. 
He never outgrew that love for fun and wildness...I hope he never does. 
He played many many games..duck duck goose for one.


Contessa basically considers Robert to be her's. 

He's also very patient...teaching them complicated card games
and even doing school lessons with them. 

Tori was really leary of him when he first arrived. 
But as he always does, he won her over...
With things like jumping high in the air...

And gigantic spoonfuls of pudding.
She cried bloody murder when he left that night to go back to my mom's. 

Fun with Daddy's pudding parfaits on our last night of fun. 

Because they love him so much I was not surprised when there were some tears as we dropped him off today...and I'll admit I had to shove my sunglasses a little further onto my face to hide my own tears. 
I may have quietly sobbed. 
He shouldn't live so far away...he just shouldn't. 

We did actually end up running into him again this afternoon...but that is a hitch hiking story for another time! Right Robert?! 

Thanks for loaning him to us for a couple of weeks Jen...we missed you. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Umm do I want to know??