Friday, November 16, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 16

Today I'm thankful for Grandparents. 
This afternoon we will gather with family to celebrate the life of Jordan's Grandma Elaine. 

She was quite possibly one of the sweetest, most gracious, kind women I've ever had the privilege of knowing. I remember the first time I entered her home. It was so warm and inviting. And it smelled wonderful...that woman could cook! I was nervous to be there and she didn't let that stand. I received a welcoming hug and a comfy seat in the kitchen. And after eating a couple of cookies, I knew I would never want to leave! 

She always welcomed me with open arms and a wide smile. 
Jordan and I loved spending time there in our college days. 
She and Joe were so fun to be around because their love for each other and family was so evident. 

They joked together and supported each other. 
We always laughed when we were there. 

Today as we remember her we will focus on all the warmth that is 'grandma'. 

I'm not sure there are any other words in the world can say as much as 'grandma'. 
There is nothing like a grandma's hug. 
Nothing like a grandma's smile. 
Nothing like grandma's warm cookie and a cool glass of milk.
Nothing like grandma's house. 

We were so blessed by Grandma Elaine. 
And we will miss how she made everyone in her presence...family.

(Our gang with Grandma Halloween 2011)

No comments: