Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Eve

I'm currently running around the house scrambling to get 
our fun Valentine's Supper ready for Jordan and the kids. 
Busy, busy.

But I keep thinking back to last night. 
I wasn't feeling very well yesterday and my mood was really not feeling well!
Wednesdays are hard days...good...but exhausting. 
I was not looking forward to driving the kids 30 minutes to Awana and getting home at 9:00. 
My wonderful awesome husband sensed it. 
He gave me a Valentines present. 
He took the kids for me. 

3 entire hours...
all alone...
in my house....
did I mention alone?????

I quickly ran to the library...got a new book, fed the kids and stood at the door waiting for him!

He came home took over and I went to bed with my book and snacks. 

It was wonderful. 

However, it turns out...
After growing up in a house with 6 siblings
then living in the dorms
then an apartment with 4 girls
and then getting married and having 5 kids close in age...

I'm really bad at alone time. 

Dont get me wrong, the first hour was glorious. 

But then I admit it. 

I got bored. 

;)

Thank you Jordan for a wonderful gift. 
I know it wasn't easy for you to sacrifice the night that is usually 'your night'. 
I appreciate your gesture more than I can possibly express.