Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekend Wrap

The largest part of our weekend was spent in a gymnasium.
I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand I love watching my kids do things they love. But on the other hand, we lose out on time as a family and often we have to split up to make it work. 

But we're embracing it!
And this week Grandma Cindy offered to keep the younger 4 kids so that Jordan and I could both watch our oldest play volleyball.
We arrived at the tournament bright and early at 7:30 am. 

It was kind of like a date. 
Just the two of us sitting in the bleachers...holding hands. 
We even went out for lunch together..granted it was at 10 am and it was a Culvers.
But we did have the restaurant to ourselves.
I'll take it!

Lauren was thrilled to have us both there...totally focused on her. 
(Well her and hand holding)

Her team is very fun to watch. 
But this week it seemed like they may have needed a couple more hours of sleep. 
None of them were happy with their play.

The coaches were a little 'devastated' by it too.
Its so awesome to have encouraging coaches with our daughters. 

I'm learning a lot about this sport.
I finally know why they do this...

After Lauren's tournament we raced home to see Avery perform in the annual dance show.
This group of girls was EXCITED and GIGGLY!

Silly! 

Avery actually smiled out there!
She looked so cute. 

A picture with Ellie after the performance.


No comments: