Monday, August 26, 2013

Art

Our art curriculum this year is so fun and I think the kids are going to love our art days. 

Today's lesson focused on frustration...and used Joni Eareckson Tada as an example of an artist who had every right to be frustrated...but who did not. 

If you don't know Joni's story, read it here...http://www.joniandfriends.org/jonis-corner/jonis-bio/

I grew up with my mom telling me about Joni a lot. She loved art. One of her favorite Christmas decorations was a picture that Joni created. I love Joni's story. 

The kids then tried to see what they could produce using only their mouths, instead of hands and arms, just like Jodi. 

They all thought that was fun until they saw how difficult this was. 
They were to copy a butterfly. 
Lauren actually did a great job on it...but was happy when she could go back to using her hands! 


1 comment:

Andrea Dellit said...

Awesome! I read Joni's book in middle school. What a great lesson. You're amazing. :D