Sunday, August 18, 2013

Look whose back...

Whew. 
Here I am. 
Is anyone still checking in?

Its been quite the summer.
I will admit that this summer was not fun. 
It all came to a head for me about mid-June.
The grief, the guilt, the shock, the realization that both our parents were gone.

And when I reached that head, I retreated. 
I didnt want to see people.
Didnt want help.
Didnt want to be told what I did not want to hear, even if I knew it to be true. 

The months of June and July are a complete blur.
I dont remember much. 

All the while I knew that God was waiting. 
Waiting for my breaking point and my realization to turn back. 
He was calling...but not barging in. 
He's awesome like that. 

This verse was playing through my heart a lot,
Psalm 34:19
'The righteous person may have many troubles. 
But the Lord delivers him from them all.'

I love that. 
I love that it never promises we will have no troubles. 
But it promises that in the midst of the troubles He is there. 
And He will deliver...bringing peace and healing. 

I love this one too...
Psalm 91:4
'He will cover you with His feathers, 
and under His wings you will find a refuge. 
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.'

Its so true. He's always there. And I am covered. 

I have a ways to go but over the past couple weeks I have felt like, 'Becky'
more than I have since April 4th. 

And good things are happening now...Fall is coming...its really my first love.
School is starting - ROUTINE!...my second love
And leaving this summer behind...is just fine with me. 
Sayonara, Summer 2013!
I wont really miss ya!

We've had some really good moments in August though that prove my improved disposition.
My sleeping baby laying on me on a boat ride. 

Happy kids tubing!

Bedtime stories with Grandma.
(This lady is a huge blessing to me...makes the hole where my 
mom is not quite so gapping. I love her.)

I have much to blog about and Im purposefully carving out time to get back at it. 
I know that Im going to look back and be so sad that the 'summer activities' were horribly documented. 



2 comments:

Abby said...

Welcome back!

Courtney Cassada said...

welcome back, friend. i'm sorry...but know that He is holding you so tightly - whether you feel like Becky or not!