Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Funny thing...

So it seems that when I tell God I'm mad at Him...He doesn't get mad back. 
He's funny, and awesome like that. 

Instead He sent some friends and loved ones to me to encourage me. 
We were definetly not meant to walk through this life alone...
1 Thessalonians 5:11 
'Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.'

And, He reminded me of some great verses over the past two days. 
Psalm 40:1
'I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry.'
My favorite part there is that when Im down, HE turns to ME when I ask. 
I might not have the strength to turn to Him...but He'll turn to me. 

Isaiah 45:3
'I will give you hidden treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.'
 I loved this. There are treasures in the darkness. He has secrets for me when I'm quiet enough, maybe even in a dark enough place to finally ask for them. And then that reminder...He summoned me by name. 

Isaiah 40:29
'He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.'
Yep. He does. And I need Him to give it over and over. 

Hebrews 4:16
'Let us approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.'
This one came in an email devotion today. 
And it was perfect for me. 
We all need grace to get through life. 
Grace from Him is freely given. 
Grace from each other can be harder to come by.
And grace for ourselves...well that's maybe the one I need to work on the most right now. 


1 comment:

Rosanna and Isaiah said...

Love you,Becky! And thinking of you often :)