Monday, January 13, 2014

what Im saying to myself today

1. its January 13th...probably should take the christmas tree down.
2. when your kids ask for grape juice - ALWAYS buy WHITE grape juice. ALWAYS
3. you haven't really cooked or meal planned since mom died...probably should pick that up again, kids are going to OD on mac & cheese and hot dogs very soon. Why don't you do freezer meals like all those really smart mom's of large families?
4. house needs to be on the market in 2 months...probably should start getting ready for that.
5. I should really go back to work, I would love to work for IHS when we move to DSM...probably better start making contacts on that soon, and figure out how the kids will be homeschooled while I do that. (and who will do that cooking and house work I mentioned before)
6. your kids really need to drill math facts daily...remember that. And do that now.
7. do you really think you are qualified to teach Lauren how to write a persuasive argument when you can't persuade anyone about anything with out ultimately saying, 'whatever' and walking away?

And lastly, Romans 10:17 has been floating around in my mind a lot over the last few days...'So then, faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.'  - or, translated, Becky, if you want to know ME, and know what I want for you...spend time with ME. When you do that, all the other voices will fade away.

But that last one is really hard to listen to when your starting to admit that you are just a little bit mad at Him.

There I said it.

Good thing He gave me this promise to remember while I work all that out...
Joshua 1:5 'No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you.'

My biggest enemy right now is me. Well besides Satan...but I'll admit, Satan doesn't even have to work too hard right now...Im making his job easy.

But God promised me in Joshua...NO ONE can stand against me...not even me.

Praising Him for that above all today...(even if I am mad)

No comments: