Thursday, March 27, 2014

Busy Box

What is our Busy Box? 
Well, I'll tell you, often it is my saving grace in our days. 
It is a basket full of games, mind teasers and fun.

I've had a lot of questions on what is in our box and how I use it - so here you go:

I use it when one child needs my attention on school work and another is waiting, not so patiently.
I also use it during read alouds for something for their hands to do.  (Although I will say most of our games require more concentration than is possible for read aloud time. 
But I'm working building that aspect of our box.) 

All the kids love it, from Lauren down to Torrance. 
I really only use it during school time. 

I got this idea and a lot of the game ideas from another homeschool mom. 
Thanks Holly!

I've had several requests to know what we use so here is the post where I share what we have. 
Its also really fun to find new pieces to add. 

1. We keep some of our math manipulatives and sewing cards in this box. Those would include counting pieces and Color Sorters as well as Math Cubes

5. Soltaire Chess - very fun if you're into chess like my kids
 6.Lazer Maze - fun but pricey game
 7. Spot It - Awesome 2 player game. 
 8. Hoppers 
 9. Kanoodle - definitely a favorite
 10. Cubebot - mindless fun while listening to me read ect. 
11. Mighty Mind - Great for the little two and mindless fun for the older ones. 
 12. Mosaica
13. Bananagrams - We play this as a group and also individually. 

No comments: