Thursday, March 06, 2014

Easter Season

Growing up and through my adult life I have never taken part in 
the season of 'lent'. 
I have never 'given anything up for lent'.
I know very little about 'lent', 'ash wednesday' ect.
Some of what I do know makes me a little squeamish but some of it I want to embrace.

Ive never liked that that Easter would sneak up on me before I really even thought about it. 

For the past few years I've been searching for a way to talk about the time prior to Jesus death and resurrection with my kids. We spend weeks preparing for Christmas...preparing both our hearts and our homes for Him. And it has started to seem so wrong to not be doing the same as we prepare to remember the awesome gift that was given when he took our place. 
So I was thrilled when a 'blog world friend' of mine announced that she wrote a book for just that purpose! Check her out here

The book includes daily devotions as well as (simple) activities to do with the kids. 
(And I mean simple...like I actually had almost all the materials in the house except for maybe 1 thing)

We started yesterday and I can already tell that I am going to love how it is turning our attention to what Jesus was experiencing as His time to climb the hill of Calvary grew so very close. 

Its not too late for you to join us in our journey. 
Buy the downloadable book from Leighann's blog and come along. 

I am hopeful that this Easter season will take on new meaning for our family.

Yesterday we discussed Jesus being tempted by Satan in the
wilderness and that man cannot live by bread alone...
The kids were amazed at Jesus' ability to resist the devil after not eating for 40 days.
(Im typically amazed if I can go 40 minutes without eating)

No comments: