Thursday, January 22, 2015

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve we spend with Jordan's family. 
Christmas Eve is magical, I dont care where I am...its magic. 
This Christmas was so so much better than last. 
God's grace was so good to me, bringing a lot of healing over the past year in my grief. 
I didn't realize how low I was last Christmas until this Christmas came and I felt my anticipation and awe for the season and Christ's gift. 

However, Christmas Eve arrived and I was a bit of a mess. 
The Christmas Eve service was hard and I struggled through the night. 
Missing my family, my parents and I think the innocence of being a child. 
But even in that we had a special day and evening celebrating the child in the manger and being with family. God is so good! 

These kids...I know someday I'll look back at this picture and wonder how they could be so little. But right now I stare at this picture and wonder how they can possibly be so big! 


The attempts at group shots with this crew become more laughable each year. 
But boy do they have fun. 
Cousins...some of the best gifts in life. 

With this large group you can imagine gift opening is anything but peaceful! 
Tori was beyond excited. 
And boy does she love Doc McStuffins! 

The annual guitar recital. 
Its pretty fantastic. 

Sugar cookie decorating. 
and eating, one of my kids claims to have eaten 'at least 9' 

We got home late and the kids were asleep when their heads hit their pillows. 
Then Jordan and I settled in for our Christmas Eve tradition that we took from my Dad. 
Watching this...this year we watched 2 different versions. 

No comments: