Thursday, January 22, 2015

Christmas?!

Its almost February. 
I still have Christmas decorations up. 
And no, not snowmen...a nativity and a countdown. 

Honestly, Its not bothering me. 
But my blog neglect was bothering me. 
And apparently some other people...I was getting harassed. 
So, Im back at it. 

We celebrated with our kids the night before Christmas Eve. 
Its my favorite night of the whole year. 

I remember the anticipation of this night as a kid and I can see it now in my kids. 
It makes my heart burst. 

Tess and Tori's big gift was this new Barbie house. 
Lauren and Avery had a blast getting it ready and wrapping the furniture. 
So fun. 


Just a few excited kids waiting for supper. 

Best buds. 

Best buds...most of the time. 

Falstaff was wondering if there were any gifts for him. 

After supper we did our Christmas Eve devotion. 

And then gifts...

These were slippers. 
But she acted like it was something much more exciting. 
I love how sweet and thankful and excited all of my kids are during gift opening. 

Pascal is her favorite Disney character. 
She needed a stuffed one of her own. 

Excitement oozes from this kid every day. 
But on Christmas, forget about it, there is nothing like Sullivan! 

For weeks before Christmas he was asking for a certain video game. 
I could not find it, at least not for a reasonable price. 
The night before gift opening I found it. 
He did not think he was getting it. 

This face made my night. 

The big reveal of the doll house. 

The older kids were so excited to see the little girls' faces. 

so fun. 

Checking it all out. 

We got each other clocks. 
So funny. 

It was a perfect night. 
And I miss Christmas! 

1 comment:

Rosanna and Isaiah said...

I have literally worked with over a hundred kids... and NONE of them can match the pure joy and excitement that pours out of Sully when he is happy!!!! I love how you capture his expressions so well. Priceless. And getting each other clocks is hilarious. Isaiah will be excited about that :) Few things bother him, but having a clock with the wrong time hanging in the living room drives him INSANE! :)