Friday, December 15, 2006

Mom

I received my mom's Christmas letter via email this weekend. Once again her faith is inspiring to me. She turned 60 last week and took what could have been a difficult day and handled it with grace and a smile. Her pain is real and many days are a struggle. But she knows where my dad is and that someday she will be there with him.
I had to share her letter...


I find myself unable to write Christmas cards this year, but do rejoice in His birth. What would this world be like if Christ had refused to come as a baby and take our penalty for sin at Calvary?
From my human standpoint, this should be a sad time for myself and family, it would not have been my choice and my heart will never be whole again, but I remember as Job19: 25-27 tells us, blessed be the name of the Lord. I recall the old saying,
“God is too good to be unkind and to wise to make a mistake”. Richard is celebrating this time with the One who loved him even more than I.
So, with this season, as I look on my mantel at the Nativity, dwelling on the God\man, I still marvel. Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles! Someday I will see Him face to face and He will fold me into His arms and say, ‘I’m so glad you are home My child’, time will be no more!
May each of you have a blessed time together and become as wise men, searching and following the Star to the Promised one. I will continue throughout eternity to praise my Savior.
REJOICE!!!

In Christ,
Barb

1 comment:

Cassie said...

she is an inspiration to us all!! amazing!