Monday, April 15, 2013

'normal'

Its Monday...and its been a week since the funeral. 
Its still not real. 

But we are desperately trying to return to 'normal' or the 'new normal'. 

Normal means school. 
And waiting on the repair man to come fix the washing machine and the delivery man 
to come bring the new dishwasher. 
(yes both of these broke last week...wonderful.)

However, the new normal means my mom has not called 3 times already today. 
And the new normal means I am not helping her with errands or doctors appointments today. 
Sadly, 3 weeks ago I would have been frustrated by all of that. 
Today however, I miss it all so bad I am having trouble functioning. 

I dont think the new normal and I are going to be very good friends. 

4 comments:

RtotheE said...

I feel the same way; It seems way too soon to be "getting back in the routine". Thanks for posting your thoughts; they help. Love ya big sis!

Beckysblog said...

Love you.

Ellie said...

Sorry.....Hugs.

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry.