Saturday, April 13, 2013

worms and jello

Tonight's bedtime conversation with Sullivan:

Sully: 'Mom last night Grandma Cindy and I talked about Grandma Barb, we prayed about her.'

Me: 'Well that is good buddy, what do you remember about her most right now?'

Sully: 'Well worms. She would dig holes to find worms with me. And one time she poured water in the hole and mom, guess what, we found like 2 or maybe 3 worms!'

Me: 'I bet that was really cool and I bet you were both so excited.'

Sully: 'Yeah, and then I remember when you talked at grandmas funeral about eating contests...and I remember having an eating contest with jello that had lots of whipped cream on it. It was so fun, and she really made the best jello with whipped cream on it...ever!'

I hope he never forgets stories about worms and whipped cream on jello and his Grandma Barb.

2 comments:

RtotheE said...

What an awesome kid!

Anonymous said...

Today our speaker at church asked us to think of someone who made an impact in our faith. I thought of your mom. She was a true disciple...always mentoring, sharing, and spreading the gospel and Jesus' love. I so appreciate her willingness to share what she knew with others. Loved bible studies with her and simply learning from her example. Missed her today at church but smiled when I thought about how great it was to know her.