Friday, April 12, 2013

Thank you Holly.

My friend Holly got to know my mom through a love they shared for something very special...books and reading. They were on our local library board together. 
After mom died Holly sent me these words that she wrote of my mom. 
They are so special to me...thank you Holly. 
Thank you so very much. 


I think I knew your mother...
I think I knew our mother because we cared together about helping little hands hold new books and older ones to be able to see them. 
I think I knew your mother because I saw how ardently she cared for what was good and clean and right in our small little world and fought for it. 
I think I knew your mother by how you described your childhood at our mother's group. 
How your mother told you when you played with Barbies, that when you grew up you might not look like them but you would still be beautiful. 
I think I new your mother because she made you fearless to welcome five little souls in an age when children aren't always considered a blessing, as they should be. 
I think I knew your mother because I see her spirit shining through you. 
I can see that she raised a God-fearing daughter to carry on all her wonderful virtues and pass them on down to your daughters. 
Even though we knew each other briefly, 
I think I knew your mother. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so very grateful that I got to know your mother and your family. She was a very unique and special lady. They just don't make them like that anymore. Unless you know Becky, Lauren, Avery, Tess & Tori.
You are very welcome.