Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Potsdamer Platz

See mommy taking pictures at the Somy Center in Berlin?  It's a really neat shopping area, it felt like an outdoors mini Mall of America.  The Berlin Wall used to go right through here.  Funny thing, I just met a guy at the train station named Bruce Peters from Colorado Springs who said he was in East Berlin in 1961 when they built the wall and he couldn't get out!  I'm anxious to eat breakfast with him tomorrow as he is staying at our hotel.  I carried his bags up 100 stairs for him and he asked me if there was a porter because I wouldn't be here when he and his poor wife leave.  I have no idea what he's going to do, Vernazza is not made for him but when he told me they went to the Himalayans last year I guess he can pull it off.  

No comments: