Tuesday, November 19, 2013

four score and seven years ago...

Today is the 150th anniversary of Lincoln delivering the Gettysburg address.
I did not know this. 
I received a text from Jordan this am saying, 
'Hey, its the anniversary of the Gettysburg address, make sure you cover this in school today.'

Uh, yeah. sure. 
You bet. 

However, I love history as much as he does and I knew I had to. 

And I am so glad I did. 
We had the best discussion, picked apart the address so we could understand it and what was going on in 1863 and what we need to learn from it. 

We watched this video...

I bawled while we talked (super helpful). 

But this is why we homeschool. 
So that I have time in my days to cover this 'in detail' with my kids. 

And sidenote, was Abraham Lincoln about the coolest guy ever!? 


No comments: