Monday, June 04, 2007

Adventureland

We had the most beautiful weekend. My brothers all gathered at my mom’s for supper on Saturday and we did some reminiscing about my dad and had a good time just being together. We decided a long time ago that we did not want to spend this weekend sitting around being sad. So we did what any normal family would do – we planned a trip to Adventureland on Sunday. I know, a little weird but we had an amazing time.

The weather turned out to be perfect - the opposite of the forecast, the park was pretty slow as far as visitors and we all had so much fun. I saw my mom laugh genuine belly laughs for the first time in probably a year and she smiled all day. We talked a lot about my dad and the trips we made to Adventureland as kids.

Lauren and Avery had the BEST Time. Lauren even went on the Dragon – although Im sure she never will again. Her favorite ride was the Frog hopper and Avery’s was the bumper cars – go figure! My favorite was the tiltawhirl and hearing the girls squeals and giggles on there was definetly the highlight of my day! It wouldn’t have been an Earle Day at Adventureland if we didn’t almost get kicked off a ride because of Robert and if he didn’t do a performance complete with dancing for us during lunch. Like I said, it was a great day full of laughter.

I am so grateful for my family.





2 comments:

Heather said...

My kids' favorite is the Frog Hopper too! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

what a great way to celebrate your dad! good thing the tornado didn't make a turn towards DM!